Bring my broken pieces to Him

Today i have been reflecting on broken relationships. Yes, actually i have been reflecting for a long time already. only today it's more objective rather than subjective.
I visited a friend who just had an operation. We had lunch with her and her husband and the topic of divorce came up. Apparently during their courtship, they had broken up for a month. During which period of time she had been unable to accept it and kept calling him and was told "i don't love u anymore" (sounds familiar??) He says, " you can still remember it after so long?" (they have been married for 5 years) She says " it hurt so bad that i can't forget it. "
which struck me cos even though they are happily married with 2 kids now, she still can't forget the hurt so how much more the hurt when a relationship with someone you love is broken.
i sometimes feel the hurt too much to bear, but when i think about it logically, i have replaced that relationship with the love of many friends; so many people who have supported and loved me and were just with me through this difficult time. Giving up 1 person for some many people - sounds mathematically better. Cos this is after going thro a long heartache.
to my friends .... thank you. you know who you are.
Another thought. Suffering the broken relationship reminds me of our broken relationship with God and even more i want to mend this relationship.

My prayer today is that God will heal and help open my eyes to the blessings around me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

community

What i didn't do this weekend and what i did

Woman of the world unite!