His grace is sufficient for me

Had a rough weekend. Had difficulty getting out of the house to go to church for the first time. I prayed very hard for strength. Feeling that i would probably make the children cry when they saw me, i decided against going to teach.
Yet, God once again showed his mercy and grace for me.
the sermon was great... especially JT's illustration of how the gospel was powerful enough without adding or subtracting from it. He used the illustration of blackjack. 21 was the magic no in blackjack. More than 21, you bust the bank. Less than 21, you can lose. The gospel is like 21. just enough....
Then God gave me friends. Loads and loads of people to speak to, to distract me, to encourage me. some didn't even know that they were actually encouraging me. Thanks for hanging out with me.
I know that when things get tough, all i need to do is to depend on God and take the first step. Like a physiotherapist, even though we think we can't walk on that broken leg, God is there to support up and help us thro the rehabilitation. (Hey, how's that for a sermon illustration?)
I pray that one day i can also be there for u my friends. and then the pain and hurt would be worth it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

community

What i didn't do this weekend and what i did

Woman of the world unite!