Hokkaido in Summer Travel Blog 4

I travelled to Hakodate the next day. It was slightly short of a 3 hour train ride from Tomakomai. Was sweltering hot when I reached there.

I bought a one day tram pass to take the tram to my onsen for that night at Yukonowa-onsen.
Managed to find the hotel with a little help from google maps.
Was the typical onsen type hotel but I couldn't check in till 3 pm. Took a short walk outside but the heat was very bad. Retreated back again to the hotel to check my whatsapp messages and emails.
















Once I checked in, scooted out again to make the most of the day.
Took the tram to the other end of the tram line to...
Aiming to get to cape Tachimachi..
Was quite a trek up through a group of cemetries and was exhausted, overheated by the time I got to the top but what a view!


 




But my aim was still to get to the Hakodate ropeway. Another note is that the tram pass gives you 10% discount for the ropeway. Though the ropeway is best seen at night, I decided to just go in the day cos I had to be back at the onsen for dinner and also would rather not wander around at night alone and was looking forward to the onsen that night. 

Took a walk through the park to get to the hakodate ropeway station. Passed a shrine where outside, it was being advertised the shrine's benefits in helping you pass your exams!




View from the ropeway


Hakodate Hill overlooking the harbour


It was a good respite from the heat at the station and had a cool drink and just took in the view until I was regenerated enough to walk some more. 







There were many churches along the way, of multiple denominations
some protestant, catholic, orthodox.. Seemed a bit confusing.

There was also a shrine along the way.

And for some reason, many of the shops had either closed or were closed for the day.
I think it would have been a really nice place if some of the pretty cake shops were opened.

 


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

community

What i didn't do this weekend and what i did

Woman of the world unite!