Hokkaido in Summer travel blog 3

Took some time off  to travel on my own.

I've been to Lake Shikotsuko twice already. Once was by chance last Autumn when we were looking for a place to go. Another time was in winter when we stayed in the ryokan on the opposite bank of the lake. I decided I wanted to visit it again and this time spend some time wandering around.

Lake Shikotsuko in Winter 













this time though I was without transport so had to figure out how to take public transport.

I had already bought the JR Hokkaido pass and was taking train from Sapporo to Chitose airport. At the airport I bought the tickets to lake shikotsuko from the counter. There are only 4 buses going to and from Chitose to the Shikotsuko and the bus no longer goes directly from Sapporo to lake Shikotsuko.

This is the bus station that goes to Lake Shikotsuko
The stops also pass through Minami- Chitose which is where the Rera outlet mall is.. hence the little poster at the bottom.

It is summer holidays in Japan so there were also many school children on excursions 

View from the bus.
By the time I got to Lake Shikotsuko it was nearly 1 pm. Yes I left the hotel at 9 plus, took the 10 plus train to get the bus to lake Shikotsuko at 11.15, the bus ride takes about an hour.



I walked around looking for lunch and finally decided on the same restaurant that we ate at in Autumn last year cos I was looking forward to eating the salmon that was grilled that my friend J had eaten. 
I ate this set menu that was a seasonal set that had sushi and the grilled fish and also an interesting soba roll type of thing with salmon within. Was really yummy!

There's also a really nice cafe at the Lake Shikotsuko Daiichi hotel Suzantei. They have a buffet lunch and also a cafe that you can buy take out and eat on the terrace deck. 

I opted to just walk around the lake having already eaten way too much for lunch. 
It was amazingly quiet compared to the last time in autumn. And quite hot too. 

 


 

 

Waited for the bus ride back to Chitose station where i took a train to Tomakomai.
I stayed at the toyoko inn which was just outside the tomakomai station. on the opposite of the train station was a shopping centre where I found some really good buys and also some cheap sushi.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

community

What i didn't do this weekend and what i did

Woman of the world unite!