Grace to keep going

" My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness"
2 Cor 12:9  the words of the Lord through Paul

Was reflecting on this after a chat with friends lamenting on the environment of medical training and working in Singapore. Seems like when doctors talk ( in Singapore especially ) there is a whole bucket of grouses.. perhaps it's just the way we are, perhaps the situation is really that bad. Of which, I am probable one of the worse.. as told by a colleague sometime ago " can you stop complaining about everything! "  I'm better now but  no where near perfection (* repent*)

These are my thoughts of christianity in medicine

Was just thinking about medicine and how those of us who are still walking the straight and narrow path in obedience and service to our Lord are only here by God's grace. The calls, the stress, the studying, the work all takes it's toll on us. I have seen so many fall by the side, some even denouncing their faith. Really, seeing my own walk with God and the walk of others around me, I can only say that it is God's grace and nothing else that has kept us here. Definitely not intelligence as I have so many much more intelligent than me fall; definitely not sheer willpower cos if it was that, I wouldn't even be here now. It is the prayers of our fellow pilgrims and the grace of God that He has chosen this path for us. Praise God! And in response, what else can I say but to continue depending His grace and His grace alone, whatever our walk will look like and to remember each of us in prayer as we and only we can understand this difficult and lonely path. And let us continue praying for those who might have dropped behind and those who have yet to know this great God we worship. And yes, if it is in grace that we are preserved then our only correct response is to ask the giver of this grace what we can do for Him.

Image Detail

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

community

What i didn't do this weekend and what i did

Woman of the world unite!